Thursday 20 October 2011

My Escape

Before we got married, hubby said he did not travel much with work (only once every year) but as soon as we were married God knows how many times he left me. I don't like being alone, in fact i HATE it!! esp. in the winter. The main reason is because i´m afraid of the dark hahaha...yeah call me whatever..i don't care :p. 


Anyway, few weeks ago "the bugger" said he will travel again and this time for 3 weeks!! Rather than being alone at home for 3 weeks, i decided to visited my friends in Netherlands and stayed there for 1 week (a week of shopping, meeting friends and having fun).  Dee and her husband were very kind to accommodate me. Thanks kakak Dee and meneer :-).


I have always been fascinated with Netherlands, the canals, windmills, old buildings and houses but not the weather though :p. One thing i love the most is Stroopwafels. Its a Dutch delicacy made with two thin slices of waffles with a caramel syrup filling... hmmmm my mouth is watering now :p. Stroopwafels are available in most food store and you can get also fresh baked from local market. My favorite place to buy them is at Albert Heijn grocery store. 


Fresh baked stroopwafel (€2)
I took this pic using Dee´s camera

While i was in Amsterdam i decided to try a space cake for the first time :D.  A space cake is a cake or muffin that is made using cannabis or marijuana. To get them you need to go to the coffeeshops which is easy to find around Amsterdam but don't be fooled (like i was), coffeeshops in Netherlands do not serve a hot steaming coffee instead they sell cannabis. Me and Angel bought 2 pieces (€ 6 each) to share with other girls, there were six of us. The space cake didn't effect me at all, maybe i should eat the whole muffin for my self :p.  

The Bulldog´s space cake

I really had a good time there, meeting friends, eating indonesian food, trying new things (eating space cake & fresh stroopwaffel) and of course shopping  ^_^. For sure i will come back again to the Netherlands.