Friday 4 November 2011

Why i love to collect postcards?

I have been collecting things for many years now. I collect books, bookmarks, postcards and stamps. For me it´s a fun hobby and inexpensive :-D.  For now i just want to share why i love to collect postcards :-).


I started to collect postcards when i was in high school. I collect few different type of postcards but i am more interested in postcards of tourist attractions (landscape or historical building) that have a name of a place or country on it. I never thought that i would have the possibility to travel to other countries, so i always asked people i knew that were traveling to bring me postcards back so i could see what the places looked like and imagined i was there.

Now i have traveled to a few different places and collect my own postcards and have the fortune to see many places for real. The majority and earlier part of my collection are back in indonesia but i will continue to collect many more. Since i have been traveling i also collect fridge magnets and beer coasters (sometimes i took beer coaster from cafe or pub without permission :D)


Postcards
Beer Coasters
One of my fav. fridge magnets


Even though hubby thinks it´s junk he always brings me a postcard or fridge magnet every time he travels to new country with work :p.