Tuesday 6 December 2011

Homesick

You must learn to adjust to many things when you live thousands of miles away from home. One of the things is how you cope with homesickness. These are the things that i normally do when it strikes me:

  • Cook and eat Indonesian food. Doing the cooking yourself makes you busy and helps to forget about your homesick feeling. While eating indonesian food makes me feel as if i was home.
  • Disturb hubby. When i am sad hubby would do anything, i mean ANYTHING just to make me laugh :D. Even tough it will make him look silly. Thats why i love him and of course i would do the same for him :D.
  • Go out and meet friends.
  • Calling my family back home and talking to my parents, sisters and especially my little brother sometimes helps, but most of the time it makes me miss them more and then i want to go home :-(.  So i dont do this often.

At the end of the day, it was my decision to move to Norway and now its my new home. I think that the longer i live here the more i will accept this and feel i belong here.